This product uses decorative rocks and glass highlights. It encapsulates the aggregates or glass in resin (they are resin bound). Because the resin is exposed a specially formulated, highly UV stable resin is required and used.
- RockpaveTM - is used for exterior applications and is intended for light to medium traffic. RockpaveTM uses a highly UV resistant resin with optimal flexibility to withstand external elements. RockpaveTM is formulated to use a mixture of aggregate sizes for structural strength. Typical laid depth is 15 - 20 mm.
· Rockpave is also used for interior applications. Rockpave is typically laid in a graded aggregate such as a 4-6 mm size and to a depth of 8-12 mm (for light traffic). Rockpave resin has high flexibility to allow for expansion and contraction associated with interior surfaces. Installation over timber floors must be prepared as for tiling i.e. sealed and cement sheet.
· Rockpave is also a high porosity surfacing system designed for efficient drainage of surface water. It uses larger, single sized stones for maximum water flow. It is ideal for applications such as urban tree pits and sand beds where a strong load bearing is required. It can also be used to great advantage to maximise the permeable footprint of a building development to meet increasingly stringent building regulations.
Is it proven?
- Developed in conjunction with world leading resin suppliers
5 years in trial and development
Number of high profile projects installed
Tree Pits throughout Wellington C.B.D. includung Manners St Mall and at Waterloo Quay.
A.M.I. Stadium Christchurch
Dunedin Hospital, Dunedin
Private residence, Rotorua
Is it environmentally sensitive?
- Resins are 100% solid and do not contain volatile organic compounds (V.O.C.'s) such as solvents.
Our stone aggregate is drawn from reputable quarrying companies in limited quantities from renewable sources.
We use recycled glass for RockpaveTM and have the ability to use other recycled material as aggregate such as crushed computers.
RockpaveTM porous paving for tree pits supports Water Sensitive Urban Design principles, maximising efficient water drainage while providing an even surface, free from tripping points.
Any RockpaveTM surface could be fully recycled in the future if required.
How is it installed?
The stone or glass is mixed with a special resin then applied with a trowel.
How long does this take to dry?
- Dry time varies according to temperature. Usually the surface will be tack free after 6 -8 hours and safe to walk on the following day.
Are there fumes/odours?
- There are no harmful fumes. There is some odour in the installation process which dissipates within a day. Solvents are used for cleaning tools but this can be done outside
How do you clean it?
- Rockpave™ can be swept regularly and pressured washed from time to time to remove built up dirt.
Can it be rejuvenated?
- Yes, the finish can be rejuvenated by applying a topcoat of resin.